Bottom Team:Nathalie Udo, Dionna House
Visibility:15' - 25'Time:10:00 AM
Temp:48F - 50FSurge:2'
Max Depth:70FSWAvg Depth:50FSW
Bottom Time: Total Time:1:20
Bottom Gases:EAN32Deco Gases:
Backgas Config:Double LP80Deco Tanks:
Deco Profile:

After a few successful dives in single tanks without major back pain issues, I decided it was time to try putting the double tanks on. Fortunately I was able to get a last minute spot at Lobos thanks to Suzanne Baird. Nathalie Udo had a 9 week hiatus and wanted to get wet. Nathalie and I hooked up for a relaxing kick dive. After hearing some vis reports and socializing with diving friends, we agreed to dive to Hole in the Wall and decide where to go from there. We geared up and I made it down the ramp without falling. We surfaced swam out fighting the incoming tide change flow of water. This got our heart rates up a bit. We descended into murky 20-25ft of vis water. Swam out to Hole in the Wall and decided to go West to explore the northwest reefs. Lots of tritonia festivas were out. I guess being festive for Mother's Day, or celebrating for all the harbor seal mommys. We saw a few lingcods and several rockfish hiding out in cracks. The lone metridium looked rather druppy for some reason :-( It always amazes me how different the reefs look at various depths. After sometime the cold factor set in and we decided to start meandering back in. We crossed over the sand channel to head back via Middle Reef. Gravity does have to happen after a long kick dive. It wasn't to bad, since we planned it just right. I did a fast walk to the car. Enjoyed socializing with diving friends afterwards.

Back Status: No pain after the dive. Some neck stiffness settled in later, but, nothing that a little ibuprofen will not fix.

Second dive was lunch at Turtle Bay and Peet's Coffee for the trip home.

Mission accomplished. Thank-you Nathalie for diving.
COYOTE is offline   Reply With Quote