Bottom Team:Clinton Bauder, mykle hoban, Dionna House
Visibility:5' - 10'Time:10:00 AM
Temp:48F - 50FSurge:2'
Max Depth:50FSWAvg Depth:30FSW
Bottom Time: Total Time:0:50
Bottom Gases:EAN32Deco Gases:
Backgas Config:Single HP100Deco Tanks:
Deco Profile:

It was BAUE day at Point Lobos as well as Earth Day Celebration. I heard the vis was not suppose to be that great, but, it was nice to be in the water and hanging out with friends. I was also going to try doing 2 dives with a single tank, to see how my back would tolerate it.

There appeared to have been a few new harbor seal pups born and perhaps some on the way. Spring is always a great time for a new life. The BAUE days are a special day to dive with someone that you normally do not dive with. I buddied up with Mykle and Clinton joined us. Jim McDonald was suppose to join us, but, he had to plan his wedding. Mykle and Clinton were perfect buddies when you want to brush up on your species identification. Especially Nudibranchs!! We geared up, splashed in and kicked out to around the worm patch area. We descended and swam west on the 40ft conture. We followed the trails until we got to a sight that appeared good for Clinton to take macro pics. Mykle and I both saw a big lingcod. I thought it could have been Lingzilla. The visibility was not the greatest, but, the topography was beautiful.

SI: Lunch time and laughs amongst fellow members. People brought enough food to share with others. Mykle demonstrated some fancy juggling with Trader Joe's oranges at the picnic tables...

Second dive was out to the Middle Reef to look for Itchy and Scratchy, Clinton's fringehead, and to explore the east side of Middle Reef. The fringehead didn't appear to be in his hole, and the visibility was very limited to be able to find Itchy and Scratchy. No luck there. We ended up on the east side of Middle Reef. Fortunately Clinton found a very cool nudibranch that had to be at least 2 mm long. After almost 50 minutes we turned the dive and swam back into the channel. Hardest part of the dive was the swim in against an off shore wind and some headaches about gear issues. :-(

I managed two dives without serious back pain. Just had your typical soreness, that is my usual. Mission accomplished!!

Thanks for Diving Clinton and Mykle.
COYOTE is offline   Reply With Quote