Bottom Team:Jim Capwell, Joakim Linde, Alberto Nava
Visibility:70'Time:11:00 AM
Temp:51FSurge:2'
Max Depth:162FSWAvg Depth: 
Bottom Time:0:30Total Time:1:10
Bottom Gases:18/45Deco Gases:EAN50
Backgas Config: Deco Tanks:
Deco Profile:

The weather forecast for this week looked really nice, but as we had spend many hrs at the pool during the weekend I was trying to stay dry until Sat/Sund when we will do the Fundies ocean dives. However, a mid-week email from Capt CAP got me excited about a going diving.

Joakim, Jim and myself headed out to sea with Capt Ed driving the EsCAPade. We wanted to dive K2 pinnacle but as we approached the south end of Lobos the fog got denser so we decided to head back towards less foggy territory.

The ocean was super flat so we dropped the ball at Naia's wall.

We descended following the line and found a big patch of Palm Kelp in the 50-40ft range. The down-line continue on the East side of the pinnacle. We moved away from it and headed west where the wall is the most impressive.

Joakim, Jim and I stopped for a couple of seconds at about 90ft while smiling at each other before starting our free-flow descend to about 160ft. Naia's wall is almost vertical and it starts at about 60ft and it drops down all the way to 180ft. There are a couple of 2ft ledges on the way down but not much to stop the descend. It was totally cool to do the sky-diving descend on it.

We cruised the wall going South for about 15min after which we headed back north for another 15min in the 130ft range. The vista was amazing and I kept looking west and up and down to try to take the whole view. Visibility was at least 50ft with not layer of warm/green water.

There were tons of decorate crabs and some very large nudibranches on the wall, as well as large school of juveniles rock-fish.

All in all a great mid-week dive day :-)

beto is offline   Reply With Quote