Go Back   BAUE Forum > Diving > Trip Reports

Notices

Trip Reports View and discuss trip reports

Old 03-27-2009, 04:37 PM   #1
docwong

Default 3/27/2009 Twin Peaks aboard Phil Sammet's RIB by Harry Wong

3/27/2009 Twin Peaks aboard Phil Sammet's RIB by Harry Wong -- [View in Reports Page]

Bottom Team:Harry Wong, Todd Lasman
Visibility:80' - 100'Time:10:00 AM
Temp:48F - 50FSurge:2'
Max Depth:155FSWAvg Depth:140FSW
Bottom Time: Total Time: 
Bottom Gases:21/35Deco Gases:EAN50
Backgas Config:Double LP80Deco Tanks:AL80
Deco Profile:

Questioning my sanity of even driving down to Point Lobos with a forecast of 8-12 feet with 10 second intervals, Todd was hot to go, so I tagged along anyway.

Getting to Lobos, looking out over the bluff was no more revealing as there was fog in near the cove, but it was burning off, but still pretty choppy. What the heck, we're here, let's go see.

Getting out of the mouth of Whaler's Cove, at Phil Sammet's suggestion we decided to play it safe and dive Twin Peaks, a site we've frequented. As we got to the site I could see that the water was a nice clear blue...very cool!

Todd and I got in, did our checks and descended to the top of Twin Peaks at 120' in a vista of scenery. Looking south-west, I could clearly see the outline of Great Pinnacle, never thought I'd ever see that!

Wow, a cool relaxing dive and spending our entire bottom time here as opposed to scootering here and spending a very limited time here. It was quite a treat. Though we were at 150 feet, it felt like an 80 foot dive due to all the light present.

Though I didn't bring my big video camera, my point and shoot was able to get video and picked up some good color. I'll post that later when I do some editing on it.

All in all a spectacular dive!