Bottom Team:Chad Fazio, Doug Simmons, Dionna House
Visibility:10' - 30'Time:12:00 AM
Temp:50F - 53FSurge:1'
Max Depth:90FSWAvg Depth:60FSW
Bottom Time: Total Time: 
Bottom Gases:EAN32Deco Gases:
Backgas Config:Double Deco Tanks:
Deco Profile:

I was very lucky to be asked to dive with Doug Simmons, and Chad Fazio. It was very sweet. As we entered into park, the seas were flatter than flat. Chad talked about his desperate need to do a Thelma & Louise off the Lobos ramp with his environmentally safe truck. I hope he wasn't thinking about doing this with me in the car!!! :-0

As we geared up we had a little entertainment at the park by a young fella verbalizing his hatred for California budget and Schwartzneger that Ranger Chuck had to be called to monitor the scene. What I learned from this is... "Smoking is all mental" quote from the psycho visitor
:-O... YIKES!! Oh well back to diving.

We planned our dive to go to Beto's reef and to the Lone Metridium and home. Chad and Doug wanted a good orientation to get out to the Hole in the Wall, Beto's Reef and the Lone metridium We did our GUE EDGE and kicked out. We descended about 50ft south of Hole in the Wall. Showed the guys the hole and went north west to Sea Mount. Showed the guys Sea Mount, then went a littl further to Beto's Reef. We stayed at 85-90ft for a short time and headed south to the Lone Metridium. We spotted a few vermilions and one big lingcod. We went south of the Lone Metridium and around back to Hole in the Wall. Started kicking in on the sand channel when Chad gave me the signal to end the dive. He looked rather uncomfortable. We made a leisurely ascent, Doug and I taking our time at 5-10ft. We surface with Chad needing to do a rather fast swim back to the ramp. ;-) Sorry Chad.. now you know how the women feel. 2 times!!!

I sat out to read on the second dive, Felicity went for a hike, the guys went out on their own to look for Hole in the Wall and the Middle Reef.

We had a little more entertainment from the vocal visitor and finished up the day at Turtle Bay. 38 is Chad's lucky number!!!

COYOTE is offline   Reply With Quote