Old 09-20-2012, 05:15 AM   #1
COYOTE
BAUE Director

Name: Dionna
GUE Certs: GUEF, RecTriox, Tech1, Tech2
COYOTE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to COYOTE
Default 9/15/2012 Pt Lobos aboard Monterey Express by Dionna House

9/15/2012 Pt Lobos aboard Monterey Express by Dionna House -- [View in Reports Page]

Bottom Team:Dionna House, Carol Cohn, Vincent
Visibility:20' - 40'Time:9:30 AM
Temp:50F - 52FSurge: 
Max Depth:60FSWAvg Depth:45FSW
Bottom Time: Total Time:0:50
Bottom Gases:EAN32Deco Gases:
Backgas Config:Single HP100Deco Tanks:
Deco Profile:

The benefits of being apart of ReefCheck is that you get to go to sites that are off limits to divers. It was an eye opener being able to survey The Weston Site and watch the huge... I mean Gigantic Vermilions, Coppers and Gopher Rockfish swim past you. They were chasing each other!!.. Must be a nursery of eggs around or something. The Kelp is very dense in that area. Being able to dive the site is worth getting certified in ReefCheck. Along with the site you will meet other researchers that are Marine Biologist and learn more about the species.

I was surveying Invertebrates and Algae with a Marine Biologist named Vincent. Carol Cohn and Dida Kutz were buddied up as a team.

The area is filled with huge boulders that display large swim through cracks and crevices that I don't see at our regular Pt Lobos sites. I was thinking at the time of surveying, how lucky I was to be able to experience being there.

Our second survey was at the Middle Reef at Pt Lobos. Once again, as many times I have dove there, Saturdays dive seemed to be a new site. We were over on the Eastside of the Middle Reef. I saw a huge tree branch in about 50ft of water. I have never seen that there before.

Thanks to ReefCheck for the opportunity!!!

It was a FUN day and a nice way to give back to ocean.

COYOTE is offline   Reply With Quote