Bottom Team:Harry Babicka, Mark Lloyd, Dionna House
Visibility:50' - 70'Time:12:00 AM
Temp:52F - 54FSurge: 
Max Depth:165FSWAvg Depth:155FSW
Bottom Time:0:25Total Time:1:00
Bottom Gases:18/45Deco Gases:50/25,O2
Backgas Config:Double LP80Deco Tanks:AL40
Deco Profile:

As some of you know Mark Lloyd, Harry Babicka and I have been working towards getting our GUE Tech 2 rating. GUE Tech 2 instructor, Gideon Liew came out from Singapore, on his way to Mexico to check us off. Our first site was E3. Jim Capwell motored us out and dropped the anchor. We geared up and did our GUE EDGE as Gideon Liew observed, then jumped in. There was a little bit of a current running while going down. I had some ear issues that delayed our descent a bit. Once we got down, I navigated North East to get to 160fsw. We stayed there for about 25minutes, enjoying some of the big Elephant Ear sponges, We also followed a big male sheephead. Saw some lingcods and many gorgonians. We could have stayed down longer, but, I got confused with all the different discussed plans.. I thought after were done with the bottom stage we come up. Oh Well...I was getting ready for tomorrows deeper dive. There is always another time. Unfortunately I think Gideon wanted to enjoy the bottom a little longer. Thats what you get when you put a student in charge!! Mark Lloyd took over as deco captain and Harry Babicka shot the bag.
Deco went well. We discussed our dive and what we needed to get better over lunch. Gideon saw what he needed to see for our next day experience dive into deeper depths.
COYOTE is offline   Reply With Quote