Temp:52FSurge:5'
Scooter:Gavin LongBurn Time: 
Max Depth:131FSWAvg Depth: 
Bottom Time: Total Time: 
Bottom Gases:21/35Deco Gases:EAN50
Backgas Config:Double LP80Deco Tanks:AL40
Deco Profile:

Point Lobos Dive Report Sunday Oct 5th.

We were somewhat surprised to see an empty parking lot at 9 AM. Although all 15 or so reservations were full, only one other team showed up. We found Whaler's Cove calm, the tide was already getting high with high tide peaking at about 1 PM. Perfect for getting out of Whaler's Cove at the end of our dive. With doubles, bottles and scooters, this definitely makes it easier.

Climbing up the hill to take a gander at what the swells looked like, we were pleased that it wasn't too rough with perhaps 5' swells but we could see a lot of foam outside the cove. Not sure what significance the foam represents, but on days with great viz, I never see foam. Looking from the bluff for indications of good viz, trying to see if there were layers of dark and lighter green or blue waters, we saw none.

Viz in the cove was marginal, but you could still see your hand with your arm outstreatched underwater, so not too bad. ;-) Scootering out to the mouth of the cove and dropping down to about 25' feet the viz opened up to 10 feet and off north we went. We passed Hole-In-The-Wall, Sea Mount and got to Beto's reef. The viz stayed at around 10' so we decided to stay close to home so we slowly swam about enjoying the various crevices of Beto's Reef. Greg found a couple of neat nudis that he pointed out to me and I was noticing how there seemed to be more of the glass tunicates at shallower depths. Then I noticed a colony of Sea Pens around 125'. Never noticed them there before. I wondered if they were new.

87 minutes, 131 feet max depth, 52.9 degrees F, 10-15' viz

Deco: