Temp:52FSurge: 
Max Depth:49FSWAvg Depth: 
Bottom Time: Total Time:75:00
Bottom Gases:EAN32Deco Gases:
Backgas Config: LP80Deco Tanks:
Deco Profile:
slow up

This was one of those dives that I can only describe as "Pure Joy."

It wasn't deep, it wasn't even rough and the viz clear. Effortlessly gliding thru water, at one with our marine environment.

I hope this video exemplifies the experience. This is why I dive.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iko6VezsHrw"]YouTube - Zen and the Art of Diving...in Krill[/ame]

This was during the BAUE Pt Lobos dive day! Great to see so many new BAUE members and fun diving with new people too.

Susan Bird and I descended to about 30 feet and swam east with Suzanne and her buddy following. We made quick work of crossing Middle Reef and over some sand to the other side of Whaler's Cove and before long we were at Coal Chute Caverns via a nice swim-thru. Susan waited at the entrance for me and motioned me to go in first. "after you doc" What manners! Cool, so I did some video in the cavern.

Suzzane and her buddy came in next. Not long after that, Suzanne, motioned to Susan that they were leaving as they had reached their turnaound pressure. Susan and I contuned and followed Middle Reef, staying on the reef while heading back to the ramp. Midway there, my video lights ran out, so I was shooting without lights. I was under Susan shooting her silhouette, when she signaled me with her light and there I saw what she wanted me to see, she was in the middle of a huge school of krill that had deceded to circle her. Cool. I gradually ascended to her depth moving as little as possible, and I too found myself encircled in the school.

Site: Whaler's Cove, Middle Reef, Coal Chute Caverns

Dive Safe, Dive Well,

Last edited by mixdiver; 07-04-2008 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Test embedding video
Old 07-03-2008, 01:12 PM   #2
KAI 18

Thumbs up Love the video!

Doc, your video made me shed a tear, it reminds me why I love to dive. I can't wait to join GUE!
Old 07-03-2008, 07:43 PM   #3
COYOTE
BAUE Director

Name: Dionna
GUE Certs: GUEF, RecTriox, Tech1, Tech2
COYOTE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to COYOTE

Very Nice Video Doc!!!! Sounds like a great dive. Those critters can be very soothing. Do you think they eat sushi and drink green tea??? Something to think about.....
COYOTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:35 PM   #4
docwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAI 18 View Post
Doc, your video made me shed a tear, it reminds me why I love to dive. I can't wait to join GUE!
Awesome, I'm looking forward to you getting the fundies experience too!
Old 07-03-2008, 11:36 PM   #5
docwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by COYOTE View Post
Very Nice Video Doc!!!! Sounds like a great dive. Those critters can be very soothing. Do you think they eat sushi and drink green tea??? Something to think about.....
Hm...I'm sure they do, but some of them were big enough to be sushi! I was impressed that there wasn't a feeding frenzy by the local fish population.