Visibility:45'Time:12:00 AM
Temp:55FSurge: 
Scooter:X-scooterBurn Time: 
Max Depth:161FSWAvg Depth: 
Bottom Time: Total Time:1:17
Bottom Gases:21/35Deco Gases:EAN50,O2
Backgas Config:Double Deco Tanks:AL40
Deco Profile:

Harry and I decided to take a run out to Twin Peaks if the visibility was good enough. If not our back up plan was to stay around Beto's and the Sisters. Additionally Gary wanted me to take some photos of certain sites to document the barnacle encrustation. One area was the Long Metridium, the other was a red sponge on Sea Mount. As we were gearing up in the parking lot we met Vanessa "Shark Bait" Young who was as usual stirring up trouble ;-) Gary and Dionna were also diving and they were heading out to Granite Point wall. We dropped at the Worm Patch, now quite easy to find due to the Project that we had in June. Scootered out and located Sea Mount and the sponge for the second dive, then headed to the end of Beto's reef. We turned West, scootered till we hit the reef again, and followed the edge of the structure till reaching the very end of Twin Peaks. The vis at Beto's was very good and was dark and clear at Twin Peaks. We hung around for a few minutes while I took a bit of video then headed counter clockwise around Twin Peaks. Reaching the turn point to go back to Beto's is quite easy as there is a tire in the sand. There is also another tire half way across and a final tire near a single Metridium close to Beto's. I took some more video as I scootered along Beto's, trying to capture the reef and the barnacles. We cut over to the sand channel at the start of Betos then made our way up to 70' where Harry took us through deco. At the worm patch we switched to our back gas scootered in to 20' and finished up on O2. Nice dive!

For our second dive we clipped on our 32% stages and ran out to the Lone Metridium to get a few shots of the area. We then ran over to Sea Mount and I captured a few shots of Harry hovering/hoovering over the red sponge. Second dive was only 45 minutes but overall not bad vis and the temp was pretty warm at 55 degrees.
marlloyd is offline   Reply With Quote