Old 04-12-2009, 04:54 PM   #1
COYOTE
BAUE Director

Name: Dionna
GUE Certs: GUEF, RecTriox, Tech1, Tech2
COYOTE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to COYOTE
Default 4/10/2009 Deep E3 aboard Phil Sammet's RIB by Dionna House

4/10/2009 Deep E3 aboard Phil Sammet's RIB by Dionna House -- [View in Reports Page]

Bottom Team:Susan Bird, Dionna House
Visibility:50' - 65'Time:9:30 AM
Temp:48F - 51FSurge:2'
Max Depth:200FSWAvg Depth: 
Bottom Time: Total Time: 
Bottom Gases:15/55Deco Gases:EAN50,O2
Backgas Config:Double HP120Deco Tanks:
Deco Profile:

Since Beto was out of town, and Sue had a reservation with Phil, we both decided to make it an estrogen only boat, excluding Phil. Sorry Beto!! Girls just wanta have FUN!!! arriving the wind and swell were so/so. and was expected to kick up. After some discussion of where to go... and my inner desire to see a Vase Sponge.... we ended up deciding to go to some mysterious pinnacle near Deep E3. Phil mentioned that there were a few Vase Sponges, but not as abundant as the other site in consideration I was not expecting to see a Vase Sponge. The anchor was set, we did the our GUE EDGE.. and rolled overboard. The top of the pinnacle was at 136ft and it went down to 230ft (ish). We arrived at our planned depth to a beautiful Vase Sponge. TAWANDA!!!! Lucky day... We meandered around and realized that most of the life was between 180ft and 150ft. Before our time at 200ft, I signaled Susan to go up and explore shallower. WOW!! What an awesome site. Susan spotted a yellow eye in a crack. I was loving the gorgonians, Elephant ear sponges, hydrocoral, lots of huge nudibranchs, Tritonia Festiva and Triopha Catalinae. Besides seeing the Vase Sponge... the best part of the dive was at 150ft. There was an area that comes up to a ledge... the formation of the topography around the ledge made it look like we were in a couldesac, and better yet.... it was right next to the anchor line. Time flies when your having fun. It was time to go up. Nothing really special on Deco besides some very small pelagenics floating by as if they were lost in space and deco being long.

Back on the boat... Phil told us some stories about the pinnacles at 80ft near blue fish cove. It was a very Healing Experience.

TAWANDA!!!

Last edited by COYOTE; 04-12-2009 at 06:26 PM.
COYOTE is offline   Reply With Quote