Bottom Team:Clinton Bauder, John Heimann
Visibility:35'Time:10:30 AM
Temp:54FSurge:2'
Max Depth:65FSWAvg Depth:35FSW
Bottom Time:1:10Total Time: 
Bottom Gases:EAN32Deco Gases:
Backgas Config:Single LP95,HP100Deco Tanks:
Deco Profile:

John and I got a bit of a late start as he'd been camping and I'd been diving on the 4th. After stopping for coffee and breakfast and then fills on the way in we arrived at Lobos to find the parking lot half empty and really nice looking conditions. It was partly cloudy with no wind nor waves. Water was a bit green looking but clear at the ramp. For the first dive we scootered out to Granite Point. Vis varied a bit but was generally good at around 35 feet.

Arriving onsite I stowed the scooter and was getting the camera out when I realized John had suddenly become obscured by a mist of fine bubbles. The coupling for his power inflator to the hose had come unscrewed about 1/2 a turn and the o-ring had unseated. In about the time it took me to stop laughing he had it fixed and we were off to look for slugs.

Surge was minimal and we spent about 40 minutes on site. Best finds were a very nice Phidiana hiltoni and a Dendronotus albus.

My suspect navigation took us on the scenic route on the way home via Hole In the Wall. Seems like every time I come back from Granite Point Wall I never go far south enough and always over-shoot the end of the Middle Reef.

For dive two we surveyed transect five and then meandered around the Middle Reef. The warbonnet on transect four is still missing and there is still an octopus in the hole, Itchy and scratchy weren't home either. We did find a warbonnet out in the open up behind transect four.

Pictures Here
clinton is offline   Reply With Quote